At Buycraft we are very security conscious and are always looking to make sure that you have access to the best account security out there. We’ve had the option to enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Buycraft account and team account for a long time now as it is proven to be the best way to keep an account secure.
As we are part of the online payments industry, we like to keep you up to date with what’s going on in the security world. We wanted to share with you the most recent research on internet security:
- 100 million records were leaked in 2015 in the technology sector
- 58% of data breaches were from malicious attacks
- 40% of accounts from 2014 had their personal information and passwords compromised on a service they use
- More than 60% of people use the same password across multiple sites
- 47% of passwords are over 5 years old
- 73% of people use the same password for multiple online services*
This graphic shows the increase in data breaches since 2013 and how the sources of them have changed over time. (Source: Privacy Rights Clearinghouse)
Given that these statistics are so high in all of the studies undertaken on this subject we strongly advise setting up Two-factor Authentication on all of your online accounts. Make sure to prioritise ones where money is involved: banks, payment gateways and of course your Buycraft account.
Password theft: http://goo.gl/7fj7En
Password security: https://goo.gl/wzNNMi
Create the best password: https://goo.gl/HEI4I4
Protect yourself with more than a password: https://goo.gl/4kYKkA
Info on data breaches: http://goo.gl/S8y3W2
Further sources: http://breachlevelindex.com